We take pride in a facial rejuvenation and recontouring service that combines the best of what surgical and non – surgical techniques can deliver. Our aim, as always, is to refresh and rejuvenate without the tell – tale signs of surgery. We often combine the best techniques of eyelid recontouring (eyelid tuck, blepharoplasty), face and neck lifts, and browlift to achieve an excellence of results that complement the adjacent aesthetic units of the brow, eyelids, face and neck.
Choosing from a range of strategies to suit the individual, we often combine non – surgical therapies, such as botox, chemical peels and fillers with contemporary surgical approaches. We seek to achieve a refreshed, harmonious, smooth contour with volume balance for smooth curves, minimal shadow, and symmetrical facial definition. Our strategies may address skeletal surgery such as in rhinoplasty (nasal reshaping), genioplasty (chin recontouring), or cheek augmentation; alone or in combination with soft tissue redefinition (such as ‘volumetric’ facelift).
Often, a component of this improvement may be in the quality of the skin itself, and in conjunction with our practice nurse, we will provide a comprehensive skin assessment and treatment programme. The balance of the face and hairstyle may be greatly influenced by the ear shape and position, and we provide a balanced ear setback and reshaping service. Many of our procedures may be done under general, local or twilight anesthesia, and our anaesthetic team is fully experienced in the best techniques for you, and your aesthetic aims.
- Our skills in facial surgery build upon a depth of experience in aesthetic surgery, the correction of craniofacial birth anomalies, and craniofacial reconstruction after accidents and cancer
- We are regularly invited to teach and present our facial aesthetic surgery results to colleagues and trainees
- We combine our wide experience of craniofacial aesthetic and reconstructive surgery and our familiarity with facial surgical anatomy into bespoke aesthetic surgery solutions
- We don’t just lift, but reshape the brow in the context of the individual face
- Our brow lifts techniques encompass all the planes of the brow for the optimum stable result
- We choose the correct incisions, including short scar approaches, for men and women and different styles of hair design
Browlift is in fact a combination of lifting and spreading the brow, to rejuvenate and refresh the upper third of the face. We often combine surgical techniques with non – surgical, injectable techniques such as botox or dermal fillers as discrete wrinkle – busting solutions against a rejuvenated brow. Browlift can be undertaken via a coronal (‘Alice – band’) incision, short scars behind the hairline and the operating telescope (keyhole surgery), and also via the upper eyelid crease. Stable fixation of the brow by a number of available techniques results in reliable long term results, as demonstrated in our aesthetic and reconstructive practices.
Miniface and Jowl lifts
- Some patients wish to choose minimal surgery do deliver specific change – and we can advise appropriately
- Certain features, including the jowl, can be treated with minimal surgery and downtime, or as part of the wider facial aesthetic with more comprehensive procedures
Occasionally we are asked for minimal surgery to achieve a specific result. This might be in response to the need for a very quick recovery, or a co – existing health concern that demands a short procedure. In these cases a range of minilifts, jowl lifts, and combination surgical, and non surgical approaches may be justified and will achieve the desired result.
- We will closely analyse the neck, jowl, and face
- We will offer the correct necklift for the appropriate aesthetic problem
- We will combine necklift techniques with chin repositioning or facial aesthetic procedures where necessary
Necklift surgery combines a correct analysis of the ‘slack neck’ with knowledge of the correct anatomical technique to correct it! A ‘slack neck’ lacks triangular muscle contour and loses the sharp definition of the chin and neck. There are many surgical techniques to tighten the platysma muscle of the neck and re-contour the overlying skin – and we will select the correct one to create a pleasing neck aesthetic.
Facial liposuction, Fat transfer and Fat Augmentation
- Facial fat sculpture techniques are specialised
- Fat volume reduction and augmentation of the neck and face is a powerful tool in the right application
Fat sculpture of the face, by reduction liposculpture or by fat injection for volume augmentation requires regular working knowledge of the skeletal and soft tissue balance of the face. From our experience in facial aesthetic surgery and craniofacial reconstruction, we bring together the tools of remodelling both ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ tissue for bespoke craniofacial aesthetic surgery solutions.
- We appreciate the differences in adult and childrens’ ear reshaping surgery (‘pinnaplasty’)
- We will choose the best technique to minimise downtime and maximise results
The visible ear is a cartilagenous framework with an overlying skin envelope. As such we can use the properties of cartilage, which are distinct and different in adults and children to reshape the ear, and set it back where required, to achieve a balanced aesthetic result. We aim for an ‘un-operated’ look, minimal time off work or from school and a stable result from our surgery, under local or general anaesthetic.